Complete the accompanying worksheet
2. Gel Electrophoresis- Use your book to read about this topic. In your sketchbook make sure that you draw an example of how DNA fragments look on a gel.
3. Click and Clone Mimi the Mouse
1. Is the surrogate related to the cloned baby mouse?
2. How can this be compared to a human couple who can not have children?
3. Do you believe that there is a benefit to cloning animals? EXPLAIN
4. Bio Ethics Debate Questions
Choose a topic to research:
Genetically Modified Foods
Cloned Meat Sales
DNA Fingerprinting for Solving Crimes
DNA Fingerprinting for relatedness ( like ancestory.com)
1. What are the pro and con of your topic?
2. Would you participate/eat in any of these procedures for your benefit?
3. Should the government have a role in any of these topics? Why?
5. Mutations- Watch this video and add information to your notes about the following terms:
Draw examples of the following words: